LATEST RELEASE: FireCloud's latest release was on December 14th. Release Notes can be found here.

can't launch workflow

frcldtestfrcldtest Saint-PetersburgMember

I try to launch some test workflow and everytime I get mistake "POST request to /api/workflows/v1/batch timed out". I found that this mistake can be related with cromwell's inner work, but may be I do something wrong and you know this mistake and you can help me. It would be great

Answers

• jneffjneff BostonMember, Broadie, Moderator

Are you still seeing this error? It could be that Cromwell was temporarily down or ran into a scaling issue. We believe the scaling issues will be fixed when we upgrade FireCloud to Cromwell 0.21.

• frcldtestfrcldtest Saint-PetersburgMember

Yes, It doesn't work still

and when will you want to upgrade cromwell to 0.21v?

Very soon – we are currently testing Version 0.21. Please feel free to share your workspace and/or method with jneff@broadinstitute.org. This may help with troubleshooting.

I added you as writer/owner to workspace and methods

We're taking a look at this now. Have you ever been able to run this WDL successfully?

I was able to clone and submit the WDL using a different project: broad-firecloud-testing/epm-test-test. Perhaps your project is linked to a Google Billing Account with an expired trial. There could also be an issue with the payment method for that account.

Yes, I was able to launch it from your's project, but my project doesn't work...
    I created the account 2 or 3 days ago and I didn't have any problems, it's free trial account.

Thank you for your patience as we work this out! Can you email the info below to Help@FireCloud.org? That way you won't have to share details about your billing account publicly. I can also send the email on your behalf if you provide your contact email.

Unable to run a workflow using the project: epm-firecloud-test. Receiving error "POST request to /api/workflows/v1/batch timed out".

Note: The workflow runs successfully in a different project, so this appears to be an issue with the project or billing account. The project epm-firecloud-test is tied to a free trial google billing account, set up a few days ago.

edited December 2016

Thank you, I sent a letter to Help@FireCloud.org