LATEST RELEASE: June 21, 2018
Release Notes can be found here.

Query about update of TCGA data on FireCloud

Hi! I know that TCGA data have moved to GDC. I wonder that if the TCGA data on FireCloud have updated recently or not? If Not, when will FireCloud update the TCGA data. Our team wants to use FireCloud to run analysis on all the TCGA RNA-seq samples (about 10,429 cases, according to GDC data portal), so I want to confirm how many data we can used on FireCloud and when the data will update. Thank you very much.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• jneffjneff BostonMember, Broadie, Moderator

Thank you for your posts. We are looking into your questions, and will get back to you as soon as possible.

• jneffjneff BostonMember, Broadie, Moderator
    edited November 2016

Hi jemimalwh,

The curated TCGA data available on FireCloud has not changed recently. In the future, we plan to support multiple genome builds (HG19 and HG38), as well as add proteomics and imaging data to FireCloud.

In addition, we are in the process of developing functionality that will allow you to select data from GDC to run on FireCloud. We can notify you when this functionality is available.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
    Jason
    FireCloud Support Team

• jemimalwhjemimalwh ChinaMember

@jneff said:
    Hi jemimalwh,

The curated TCGA data available on FireCloud has not changed recently. In the future, we plan to support multiple genome builds (HG19 and HG38), as well as add proteomics and imaging data to FireCloud.

In addition, we are in the process of developing functionality that will allow you to select data from GDC to run on FireCloud. We can notify you when this functionality is available.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
    Jason
    FireCloud Support Team

Happy to hear that. Actually I making plan to run analyses on FireCloud and I want to know when the data on FireCloud would update. Would you please to give me a approximately schedule? Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Jemima Li
    Beijing Genomics Institute, Shenzhen, China