Ever wish you could automatically remove your unwanted output files from a submission without having to manually review them? If so, take this two minute survey and tell us more.
Latest Release: 1/17/19
Release Notes can be found here.

I try to edit a method config, but clicking the save button doesn't seem to work for a certain field

esalinasesalinas BroadMember, Broadie ✭✭✭

Please see attached PDF too.

I have a method configuration “esalinas/qc” in my workspace “EDDIE_QC_WORKSPACE”

I am trying to edit one of its inputs “QC_Workflow.refFasta” and save it to be able to point to a workspace attribute whose name is “FA”.

To be able to configure the method configuration I click the Edit button and then enter “workspace.FA” into the field.

Next I hit “Save”. Despite having entered a value and clicking “Save”, however, the GUI/UI still shows “No value entered”!! This does not seem like proper behavior.

Inspection of the network activity via the google Chrome/browser network tools looking in the Headers of a PUT request doesn’t show in the request payload the refFasta item. This would seemingly explain the “No value entered” text and it would seemingly indicate that that the browser is in fact not sending a value and would likely indicate too I think that the error is NOT server-side but client-side.

This issue is particularly confusing because I’ve successfully submitted snapshotIDs of this WDL in the past. Also WHY this particular item refFasta" has the issue and not some other item?

I note that inspection of previous network traffic (“inputsOutputs”) indicates that the item is recognized as an input.

Its presence on the screen seems consistent with this.

Answers

• esalinasesalinas BroadMember, Broadie ✭✭✭

I deleted the method configuration from my workspace, re-imported it, re-edited, and SAVED, ALL of the inputs and outputs. I successfully launched a submission too! The submission is running at the moment.

Since I deleted the MC then re-imported it and it then successfully worked, it would seem that the bug/issue may be difficult to reproduce!

In case it is helpful, attached is the WDL

qc.txt 10.8K

This issue is particularly confusing because I’ve successfully submitted snapshotIDs of this WDL in the past. Also WHY this particular item refFasta" has the issue and not some other item?

by "snapshotIDs of this WDL in the past." I mean "previous snapshotIDs of this WDL"that had lower snapshotIDs.