Holiday Notice:
The Frontline Support team will be offline February 18 for President's Day but will be back February 19th. Thank you for your patience as we get to all of your questions!

Latest Release: 02/05/19
Release Notes can be found here.

Duplicate Samples in same Sample Set

danielrdanielr Broad InstituteMember, Broadie

Hi Firecloud,

When importing samples to a sample set which already exist in that sample set, firecloud duplicates the samples without throwing an error or saying anything. So, after importing samples A, B, C, and D to a sample set containing A and B, it now contains samples {A,A,B,B,C,D}.

Thanks,
Daniel

Answers

• jneffjneff BostonMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

Hi Daniel,

I was able to reproduce this issue for a sample_set with 200 samples. I'm curious how many samples were in your sample set? Also, did you happen to test this for participants in a participant set? If not, I may test that to determine scope.

Thanks,
    Jason

• danielrdanielr Broad InstituteMember, Broadie
    edited February 2016

Hi Jason,

The sample_set contained 100 unique samples, but 200 altogether including duplicates. I have not tested this with participants in a participant set, but I am assuming the same thing would happen.

Thank you,
    Daniel

Thanks Daniel. I entered a bug in our internal JIRA tracking system (GAWB-343).

• yfarjounyfarjoun Broad InstituteDev ✭✭✭

is there an available workaround? can samples be removed from a sample-set? this is quite annoying.

edited January 2017

The issue in JIRA is apparently resolved. Are you still experiencing the duplication issue?

As to removing samples and workarounds, I would suggest posting in the new Workbench Issues category. Therein, Geraldine and DSDE will respond to any system-related issues and questions.