Latest Release: 05/01/19
Release Notes can be found here.

Duplicate Samples in same Sample Set

danielrdanielr Broad InstituteMember, Broadie

Hi Firecloud,

When importing samples to a sample set which already exist in that sample set, firecloud duplicates the samples without throwing an error or saying anything. So, after importing samples A, B, C, and D to a sample set containing A and B, it now contains samples {A,A,B,B,C,D}.

Thanks,
Daniel

Answers

• jneffjneff BostonMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

Hi Daniel,

I was able to reproduce this issue for a sample_set with 200 samples. I'm curious how many samples were in your sample set? Also, did you happen to test this for participants in a participant set? If not, I may test that to determine scope.

Thanks,
    Jason

• danielrdanielr Broad InstituteMember, Broadie
    edited February 2016

Hi Jason,

The sample_set contained 100 unique samples, but 200 altogether including duplicates. I have not tested this with participants in a participant set, but I am assuming the same thing would happen.

Thank you,
    Daniel

Thanks Daniel. I entered a bug in our internal JIRA tracking system (GAWB-343).

• yfarjounyfarjoun Broad InstituteDev ✭✭✭

is there an available workaround? can samples be removed from a sample-set? this is quite annoying.

edited January 2017

The issue in JIRA is apparently resolved. Are you still experiencing the duplication issue?

As to removing samples and workarounds, I would suggest posting in the new Workbench Issues category. Therein, Geraldine and DSDE will respond to any system-related issues and questions.