Confirm I am getting the right runtime and runtime options

How do I confirm that I am getting the right runtime and where are the different WDL runtime parameters/options described?

Best Answer

• SChaluvadiSChaluvadi admin
    Accepted Answer

@ilya_at_vivid Currently available in FireCloud (not yet in Terra), you can find this information by going to your Monitor tab, finding the submission and drilling down to the Call level where you should see an Operation ID link if it was not a call cache hit. Clicking the Operation link will open up the log where you can search for "runtime" to view the runtime metadata that was used for the Call. Below are some screenshots of an example:

Answers

• SChaluvadiSChaluvadi Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

Hello @ilya_at_vivid - Here is a link to all the different WDL runtime parameters. Can you clarify what you mean by "getting the right runtime"? Are you perhaps looking for a log that lists which runtime variables were used in the workflow?

• ilya_at_vividilya_at_vivid Member

Thanks for the link. I would like to confirm that when I request 8 cores and 30 GB of ram that my job ran on a machine that was properly configured. A log from GCP would suffice.

• SChaluvadiSChaluvadi Member, Broadie, Moderator admin
    Accepted Answer

@ilya_at_vivid Currently available in FireCloud (not yet in Terra), you can find this information by going to your Monitor tab, finding the submission and drilling down to the Call level where you should see an Operation ID link if it was not a call cache hit. Clicking the Operation link will open up the log where you can search for "runtime" to view the runtime metadata that was used for the Call. Below are some screenshots of an example: