How to change billing account/billing project initially assigned to a workspace?

Hi,
Could you please let me know how can I change a billing account/billing project that I initially assigned during generation of a workspace in Firecloud?

Answers

• SChaluvadiSChaluvadi Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

@kklon Once a workspace has been made with an associated billing-project in FireCloud/Terra, you cannot change the FireCloud/Terra billing-project but you can change the Google Billing Account associated with the FireCloud/Terra billing project name. A workaround would be to clone your workspace against a new FireCloud/Terra billing-project.

• kklonkklon Member

Thank you, SChaluvadi.
    Can you confirm that after cloning the workspace, it still will be referring to the .bam/.bai files in the original workspace? That would mean that after deleting the original workspace associated with the previous billing project, I will have to upload again all the .bam/.bai files to the cloned workspace associated with a new billing project?

• SChaluvadiSChaluvadi Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

@kklon Yes, if all the .bam/.bai files were uploaded to the Workspace Google bucket in your original workspace, deleting the workspace will delete the bucket and its contents. If you do not want to delete the workspace, you can just create a Data Model in your new workspace to point to the files in the old Workspace bucket. If you prefer to delete the old workspace, then yes, you will have to re-upload your .bam/.bai files to your new workspace bucket with the new billing project.