problem with permission to access to the google bucket associated with a workspace

Hello,

When I try to access a google bucket associated with a Firecloud workspace, I get the following message:

"You need the storage.objects.list permission to list objects in this bucket. Ask a project or bucket owner to give you this permission and try again."

I am a workspace owner and so far everything worked well and I could see the contents of the bucket (.bam/.bai files and results of the analyses) without any problem.

Additionally, the 'estimated storage fee' which was always visible in the workspace, generates the following error

"Estimated Monthly Storage Fee: Ask timed out on [Actor[akka://FireCloud-Orchestration-API/user/IO-HTTP#-81949532]] after [60000 ms]. Sender[null] sent message of type "spray.http.HttpRequest"."

Could you please let me know how can I fixed it?

Answers

• SChaluvadiSChaluvadi Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

@kklon
    Can you share your workspace + workspace name with [email protected] with at least writer permissions and also if the workspace has any authorization domains associated with it, the email has to be added to each of the authorization domains. This will help us troubleshoot easier.

• kklonkklon Member

Hello,

Thank you for your help!

I have already sheared the workspace with writer permissions with [email protected] The name of the workspace is 'WGS_epilepsia'.

I wanted to add that I checked the access to the data in google bucket associated with workspace 'WGS_epilepsia' in Terra. All the data files are visible in Terra (in Other Data/Files location), however when I click on one of the files I get the following message:

File Details
    Error loading data. You may not have permission to view this file.
    Details
    {
    "error": {
    "errors": [
    {
    "domain": "global",
    "reason": "accountDisabled",
    "message": "The project to be billed is associated with a closed billing account.",
    "locationType": "header",
    "location": "Authorization"
    }
    ],
    "code": 403,
    "message": "The project to be billed is associated with a closed billing account."
    }
    }

This is an unexpected error, since the workspace/google bucket is associated with 'djkwiatkowski01' billing account that is currently active (it was not closed).

Hi there @kklon - still working on resolving this but will update you as soon as I get some information!

• kklonkklon Member

Thank you, I will be waiting for update!

• kklonkklon Member

Hi SChaluvadi ,
    could you please let me know if there are any updates about fixing the error with accessing the google bucket?

@kklon Sorry for the delayed reply - our team was offsite hence the slowness!
    Can you go to this link and then click into the tab that says "My Projects" and take a screenshot of what you see? I believe you should be able to see the Google Billing Project "djkwiatkowski01" in this list. For example, I am trying to see if the billing project was accidentally disabled somehow.

I have a billing project in my GCP that looks disabled like below -

• kklonkklon Member

Yes, I will check - could you please provide the link that you are referring to in your post?

@kklon Oops! Here is the link.

• kklonkklon Member

Thank you for the link. I think I am not able to paste the screenshot here, however I see the following information:

Name ID Billing account Billing account ID
    broad-bigquery broad-bigquery Broad-Institute - 1550167 00A539-93294F-AC9B6F

When I check 'billing information' tab in Firecloud in my profile, I can see two projects: 'djkwiatkowskilab01' and 'workshop-cptac' (access to the second one probably remaining after your recent FIrecloud workshop that I attended in Broad). I both projects the role is 'user'.

• kklonkklon Member

I will try to paste again:

Name: broad-bigquery
    ID: broad-bigquery
    Billing account: Broad Institute - 1550167
    account ID: 00A539-93294F-AC9B6F

• kklonkklon Member

Now I realized that I an a 'user' of the project and maybe that'a why I cannot see it in your link.
    I tried to log in to the email account directly associated with the project "djkwiatkowskilab01' and then click the link.

Now I can see the following projects:

name: djkwiatkowskilab01
    ID: djkwiatkowskilab01
    Billing Account: My Billing Account
    Billing Account ID: 0131C0-8DD3FC-47A796

name: My First Project
    ID: cohesive-scope-200919
    Billing Account: My Billing Account
    Billing account ID: 0131C0-8DD3FC-47A796

• kklonkklon Member

I think the problem may be associated with the fact that the account run out of the initial free $300 credits?

In the 'billing account overview' tab I can see that there are $0 out of $300 credits remaining, and in "Payment overview" there is the following info "Your balance: You cancelled your payments account on Apr 12."

I know that we did no cancel it, I think it might have been cancelled automatically.

How could I make the payments active again?
    I can see that the Visa card associated number is introduced to the system.

@kklon Thanks for the information! I think that I will need to reach out to BITS to help us determine why the Billing account Broad Institute - 1550167 is showing as Disabled!

• kklonkklon Member

I was able to fix it, referring to the email from google cloud about the end of the trial period. Thank you for your help!

@kklon Out of curiosity can you share here what your fix was for other users? Was it just that you were on a free trial and had to swap Billing Accounts?