GoogleCloud Project permissions

Good morning,

I am trying to add a lab member to my GoogleCloud Project but do not have appropriate permissions.

I was reviewing my GoogleCloud billing project 'stoverlabbilling' and noticed that under Permissions, the owners are listed as '[email protected]' and '[email protected]'

I do not see my own information among the owners or editors.

Is it possible that I was inadvertently removed?
The Google Account associated with that billing project is [email protected]
-We are getting and paying invoices...so the billing is working!

Thanks!
Dan

Answers

• SChaluvadiSChaluvadi Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

@DanielStover Is the [email protected] a group that you are perhaps a part of? I can check with the team and get back to you with more information.

edited April 4

@DanielStover
    stoverlabbilling is a firecloud billing-project and it is billed to a Google billing account called "My Billing Account".

The project itself is a Firecloud project so you can manage permissions on it via Firecloud. I know that you mentioned not being able to view yourself as an owner of the FireCloud billing-project. Since the associated Google billing account is not a Broad Billing Account we suggest contacting the Google billing account owner to re-grant you permission as owner to the FireCloud billing-project. As Owner of the Google billing-account that is associated with the FireCloud billing-project they will be able to modify or add permissions.

• DanielStoverDanielStover Member

I amended his permissions on FireCloud but still no access. See screenshot:

I am supposed to be the owner of the Google billing account, but it appears that the owner is now '[email protected]' and '[email protected]'

Thanks!

@DanielStover From your screenshot, it looks like you are viewing a project called "censusdata". Can you navigate to the Select a Project drop-down menu on the top bar and select the project "My Billing Project" which you mentioned earlier is the google billing-account that is associated with the firecloud billing-project stoverlabbilling. Once you navigate there, can you see ourself in the list of owners/users?

• DanielStoverDanielStover Member

Yep - Here are two screenshots of the permissions. The two 'owners' are

'[email protected]' and '[email protected]'

Thanks! Appreciate your help.
    Dan

@DanielStover I think that the screenshots above are Google Console permissions on your projects and not your billing. Billing account and project permissions are different in Google Console. If you are not an owner of the billing account, the owner needs to add you back to the project stoverlabbilling with Billing Account User and Viewer permissions at minimum. If you are the owner of the billing account you may need to add the Billing Account User and Viewer permissions to your user. If that still does not resolve the issue then we may need to dig further to see why you are unable to add yourself as an owner.

Can you use this link to isolate the "My billing accounts" and "My projects" tabs and share screenshots?

I attached a screenshot of my own account for reference: