Latest Release: 03/12/19
Release Notes can be found here.

Free credits expired - how to access associated bucket to copy data

jgouldjgould GouldMember ✭✭

Hi, I have a workspace that was created with a free credit billing account. The free credits have expired and I can no longer access the data in the bucket-is there a way I can change the billing account in order to access the data? Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• SChaluvadiSChaluvadi Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

@jgould Let me check and get back to you!

@jgould
    Once the free credits expire, you will not be able to egress your data files from any of the workspace’s Google buckets that you created. You will be unable to create new workspaces or launch any new analyses using the free credit billing project unless you take action and create a new billing account.

Note: The workspaces you created will remain available, but the files you moved or generated through analysis in the Google buckets will be inaccessible. This is because the credits covered the cost of storage, compute, and egress in the Google Cloud Platform and now this coverage is ending.

If you need access to the data you can contact: [email protected] or (216) 584-ONIX.

• jgouldjgould GouldMember ✭✭

Thanks for your reply. So there is no way to change the billing account of the existing workspace? Thank you.

@jgould Unfortunately, free credits and the free credit system are independent of the billing accounts of FireCloud so the best solution to this would be to contact Onix who will be able to help with a solution!

@jgould
    I just got some new information that might refute the information I shared with you above! If you still have access to your workspace that was made using the free credits billing account, you might be able to Clone the workspace with a different billing project that is associated with a different billing account.

Here is a screenshot of one of my workspaces that I am cloning and the options of billing-projects that I can clone to:

Can you test this and let me know if you are able to access the data from that bucket now that you will have changed the billing account when you cloned the workspace?

Apologies for my earlier reply!

• jgouldjgould GouldMember ✭✭

I cloned the workspace but it did not clone any of the data in the workspace bucket. Thanks.

@jgould I will get back to you tomorrow with a few more ways to work out your request - I think we may be able to help you get that data after all.