You can find our new documentation site and support forum for posting questions here.
Release Notes: February 2019
February 27, 2019
1. The Terms of Service API has updated its library dependencies, to proactively address security vulnerability warnings.
1. A bug fix to address an issue where the token refresh that runs as a Jupyter extension was not running Lab, which was causing user tokens to expire and resulting in 401 errors. The workaround for this was to have a Terra notebook (not lab) open in a different tab while using Jupyter Lab which will no longer be needed.
1. A new version of Cromwell, version 36.1, has been released with details listed here. Cromwell version 36.1 is an interim to Cromwell 37 containing many of the same features while small bug fixes are being resolved in v37.
February 19, 2019
1. When viewing a method configuration inside a workspace, the FireCloud UI now renders that configuration's Documentation field as markdown. The Documentation field can be collapsed to save space on the page.
1. The Docker version installed on hosts and existing nodes was upgraded. The upgrade patches a security vulnerability in the Docker that runs on users' clusters.
2. Work to horizontally scale that now allows users to run Leo on multiple machines that translates to better performance and reliability.
3. Leo now recursively copies extensions. This allows users to specify JupyterLab extensions as a GCS prefix instead of a tar file.
4. A fix was put in place to overcome a high CPU on Leo machines that manifested as slowness to the end user.
February 5, 2019
1. The "Launch with FireCloud" feature in Dockstore is functional.
1. A bug fix that shows an appropriate error message to user when certain types of Google errors could cause clusters to spin in "creating" status indefinitely.
General fixes to improve call-caching:
1. A fix that turned on a feature to temporarily disable cache-attempts-per-workflow to any previous bucket that fails due to errors.
2. A memory cache of file hashes to improve caching performance.