We've moved!
You can find our new documentation site and support forum for posting questions here.

GCP billing question

I'm looking at our GCP billing account that only has one project linked to it which we use for FireCloud. I see that, starting on December 19th, we started getting charged about $2/day for persistent disk storage and yet, as far as I can tell, no one on our team has used FireCloud during this time and we don't have any workflows running. I asked BITS and they said they see there are a set of instances that have been stopped but not deleted and that we were being charged for their persistent disk. They suggested I ask FireCloud support for help. Is it possible that FireCloud created these instances and forgot to clean them up? How can I got about deleting them so we don't keep getting charged? Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

Answers

• SChaluvadiSChaluvadi Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

@jurhoades I am getting some information and will update you once I hear back!

• jurhoadesjurhoades BostonMember

@SChaluvadi thanks for your response! Just a point of clarification, as far as I know we have never used the notebook feature in FireCloud. My understanding from BITS was that they saw stopped compute engine instances on our GCP project, not FireCloud notebook instances. Not sure if this information helps or not.