You can find our new documentation site and support forum for posting questions here.
Release Notes: January 2019
January 17, 2019
We have updated some of the libraries and packages that are pre-loaded upon creation of a notebook cluster on FireCloud. These changes will affect creation of NEW clusters ONLY; existing, paused clusters will not be affected.
The aforementioned updates, listed below, are expected to be compatible with existing libraries and packages with the exception of the Hail 0.1 to 0.2 upgrade; this change will be a breaking change*.
Version changes for libraries and packages:
1. hail 0.1 --> 0.2
2. python 3.4 --> 3.6
3. R 3.4 --> 3.5
4. pandas 0.22.0 --> 0.23.4
5. numpy 1.15.0 --> 1.15.2
6. google-api-core 1.3.0 --> 1.5.0
7. google-cloud-bigquery 1.4.0 --> 1.6.0
8. bokeh 1.0.0 --> 1.0.1
9. table of contents extension for Notebooks will be installed by default
*Hail 0.2 has a new file format and cannot read Hail 0. You can learn more about the Hail 0.1 --> 0.2 changes here. If you need to create a new cluster with the Hail 0.1 version, please reach out to FireCloud support and we can help you to do so!
In the future, we plan to make it possible to enable access to prior versions of the notebook kernels when we roll out new upgrades to ensure long-term reproducibility.
January 15, 2019
- Re-launched a user satisfaction (Net Promoter Score, or NPS) survey within the FireCloud UI.
January 10, 2019
- A known google issue may cause the UI to report that a workspace bucket is unreadable, or there may be workflow failures. Refreshing or retrying manually will help, but while we wait for a more comprehensive fix from Google, we have added retry logic to help handle the issue.
January 7, 2019
- When viewing the details of an individual workflow through the UI, the input and output values are now loaded on demand instead of preloaded. This update improves performance and reduces errors on the initial page view where previously, the payload was too large to handle.
January 3, 2019
- Fixed a bug that prevented the viewing of an individual workflow, if the current workspace had a space in its name. This bug was introduced in the November 14, 2018 release. Thanks to @mbookman for identifying this bug.
- The workflow timing diagram now shows a tooltip of "Running" for properly-running tasks. Previously, it incorrectly showed "Still Running when workflow ended" even though the workflow had not ended. This bug was introduced in the November 1, 2018 release.
- In the Data Library, the column "Consent Codes" has been renamed to "Data Use Limitations".
- To improve security, the FireCloud UI now incorporates protection from the tCell browser agent.
- Some R packages were failing to install due to a system dependency. This has now been fixed.
- Cluster scopes are now definable by the app/user.
- Added new version end point for Leonardo.