No status update in the monitor tab

bshifawbshifaw Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

I launched a workflow ~20min ago but there isn't anything listed in the monitor page such as called tasks and workflow log. Is my workflow running, do i need to relaunch the workflow?

The queue doesn't seem to busy.

Best Answer

• bshifawbshifaw admin
    Accepted Answer

At the time a new release of FireCloud was being deployed and cromwell, the workflow execution engine used by FireCloud, needed to be redeployed. The redeployment requires some time for cromwell to reconnect with all the workflows currently running which caused some delay in the status updates in the monitor tab.

The total duration for this restart depends on whats currently running. My launched job began to list the status of the job after ~30min.

Back to my original questions:
    Is my workflow running?
    Yes
    Do I need to relaunch the workflow?
    No

Answers

• bshifawbshifaw Member, Broadie, Moderator admin
    Accepted Answer

At the time a new release of FireCloud was being deployed and cromwell, the workflow execution engine used by FireCloud, needed to be redeployed. The redeployment requires some time for cromwell to reconnect with all the workflows currently running which caused some delay in the status updates in the monitor tab.

The total duration for this restart depends on whats currently running. My launched job began to list the status of the job after ~30min.

Back to my original questions:
    Is my workflow running?
    Yes
    Do I need to relaunch the workflow?
    No