Latest Release: 02/19/19
Release Notes can be found here.

Service account is not registering

samcsamc Member, Broadie

I have submitted the following command to register a service account:

docker run --rm -it -v "$HOME"/.config:/.config -v /Users/sbryant/bench:/bench broadinstitute/firecloud-tools python /bench/firecloudws.py -j /bench/jsonkeys/ukbb/pelagic-pelagic-fin-172114.json -e [email protected]

The response I get is

Using credentials for firecloud account: [email protected]

No other response is displayed. I go to FireCloud to add the service account to the group, and I get a message "[email protected] not found"

This service account is listed in the json file.

Where should I look for possible problems with the service account registration?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• samcsamc
    Accepted Answer

I got the correct syntax for registering the service account

docker run --rm -it -v "$HOME"/.config:/.config -v /Users/sbryant/bench/jsonkeys/ukbb/pelagic-pelagic-fin-172114.json:/svc.json broadinstitute/firecloud-tools python /scripts/register_service_account/register_service_account.py -j /svc.json -e [email protected]

this worked

Answers

• samcsamc Member, Broadie
    Accepted Answer

I got the correct syntax for registering the service account

docker run --rm -it -v "$HOME"/.config:/.config -v /Users/sbryant/bench/jsonkeys/ukbb/pelagic-pelagic-fin-172114.json:/svc.json broadinstitute/firecloud-tools python /scripts/register_service_account/register_service_account.py -j /svc.json -e [email protected]

this worked

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

Glad to see you were able to solve your own issue, and thank you for sharing your results here!