Release Notes: September 2018
KateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin
edited September 2018 in FireCloud Announcements
September 25, 2018
- Removed an infinite spinner triggered by attempting to preview a DOS object, if that DOS object resolved to a text file or log file.
- Fixed an error caused by attempting to populate a method configuration with a json file larger than 4kb.
- Attempting to download a file larger than 2GB with your browser through the FireCloud UI would fail. These downloads now work, though we recommend using gsutil for large file download instead of your browser.
- Cluster creation errors no longer cause clusters to appear to get stuck in Creating status in the UI
- The cluster creation dialog now includes static text informing users of the expected time to create a cluster
- Users should no longer see 404 errors when opening a notebook from FireCloud
- FireCloud now displays appropriate error messages when a user does not have permission to modify notebooks
- Enable auto pause of clusters after 30 minutes of idle time
- Leonardo now better handles situations when clusters or projects are deleted in Google
- Leonardo is now more resilient to timeouts from GCR when pulling the notebook image
September 18, 2018
- We now provide a library encapsulating a number of functions researchers might use in R from a notebook. The repo & documentation can be found here.
- Upgraded IGV.js from v1.0.6 to v2.0.0-rc5 in the Analysis tab of a workspace. For more information on IGV.js and IGV in general, read here and here.
Sept 12, 2018
- New UI for Notebooks in FireCloud! Read more about it here.
- You can now install extensions to Notebooks by URL, rather than just GCS path, thus enabling hosted scripts to be used as extensions
- Previously, Notebooks greater than 8MB would fail to render and save. This limit has been raised to 64MB.
- Workspace readers no longer see the "Abort" button for running submissions. This button was previously visible to users with read-only workspace access, even though it did not allow those users to successfully abort a submission.
- Improved error messaging when encountering an unauthorized call. Users who hit this error message will now be informed and given steps on what they should do to fix it.
- When you import a method from Dockstore, the "Configure inputs/outputs using the Workspace Data Model" checkbox will be unchecked by default.
Post edited by KateN on