Overwrite returned data in the "data" table upon re-run

dannykwellsdannykwells San FranciscoMember ✭✭
edited August 2018 in Ask the FireCloud Team

Sometimes when we run a workflow, it will complete and return output, but that output will be incorrect. In these cases we may have to, for example, make changes to input parameters or reference files. I am finding that, upon rerunning the pipeline, the values are not updating.

My question is:
1. Is it true that Firecloud will not overwrite existing data upon rerunning a workflow
2. Is there any way to turn on an option such as "force rewrite of matching values" so I don't have to either a) use the API to delete data (which is a pain) or create brand new values in the table (causing table bloat)?

Tagged:

Answers

• Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin
    edited August 2018

@dannykwells when you say the values are not updating, exactly where are you referring to? The data model?
    1. False. Rerunning will overwrite existing output values in the data model. It will create a new submission folder in your Google bucket with the unique outputs. Every submission has a unique folder and those will not be overwritten. You can read more about versioning here.
    2. It would be helpful to know more about your problem in order to respond to this.