Heads up:
We’re moving the GATK website, docs and forum to a new platform. Read the full story and breakdown of key changes on this blog.

Better handling for "parameter.name too long" error

ekofmanekofman Member, Broadie
edited July 2018 in Feature Requests

My FC method is failing with an inscrutable error:

Invalid value for field "parameter.name": too long: 132 bytes, want no longer than 128 bytes

Is this 128 byte limit something universal that I'm bumping up against? I don't know what parameter might be overflowing. Hard to understand this error. None of stdout, stderr, nor JES logs were written to/delocalized, so it seems like the error is happening from the very start.

Thanks for any advice,

Eric

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on
0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Best Answer

Comments

• ekofmanekofman Member, Broadie
    Accepted Answer

I think this is fixed by shortening the workflow and task names. This would be a good thing to validate before allowing people to run a method.

• Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin
    edited June 2018

Very good point @ekofman !

I will share this with the Product team.

Additionally, in a week or so we will be introducing a new section to our Forum called "Feature Requests." Forum users will be able to vote on each other's requests and see all the requests we've received in one place. I am going to move this post to start populating the section. You will see the new section the week of the 9th.