Cost associated with workflow

breardonbreardon Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie
edited May 2018 in Ask the FireCloud Team

The May 17th release notes write,

Actual workflow run cost is now returned in the submission status API, when available. This will be available in the UI soon.

I am observing that workflows run today (May 21st) return the following when using the Monitor Submission Status API call

"cost": 0

No cost information is returned when using the Get call-level metadata for workflow call.

Can you elaborate on what is meant by "when available"? Why does my API call return cost 0?

Thanks,

Answers

• breardonbreardon Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie

This has been reproduced on Broad and non-Broad affiliated firecloud billing / google billing projects.

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

Thank you for reporting this, I'd like to investigate. To do so, I will need the following information from you:

1. Go on the FireCloud portal and Share a workspace where you observe this error with [email protected]
    2. On the forum here, please share the Submission ID and Workflow ID of the workflow you're trying to find the cost of.

To answer your other question, I believe 'when available' means that cost can only be returned after the workflow has completed. I will confirm that with a developer once I have the other information I need from you.