Holiday Notice:
The Frontline Support team will be offline December 17-18 due to an institute-wide retreat and offline December 22- January 1, while the institute is closed. Thank you for your patience during these next few weeks as we get to all of your questions. Happy Holidays!

Latest Release: 12/4/18
Release Notes can be found here.

DataShuttle should handle not-logged-in state gracefully

birgerbirger Member, Broadie, CGA-mod ✭✭✭
edited July 25 in Feature Requests

I installed the client, and then tried to log in. It said I could use my google login, which I presume meant that Google single-signin would work, but the app then proceeded to ask me for my google username and password. In general, I don't give a desktop application my google account password, so I decided not to login. I wanted to quit the app, but there was no way to do that! The red dot in the upper left hand corner was disabled, and the Quit selection in the FireCloud DataShuttle pull down was not responsive. Ended up having to force quit.

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on
Tagged:
0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

Thank you for the feedback on that, I will pass it on to the team that works on DataShuttle. I'm not familiar with the app personally, so I'm not entirely sure what you should have clicked to exit. Regardless, it sounds like it should be made possible/more visibly possible to exit