Heads up:
We’re moving the GATK website, docs and forum to a new platform. Read the full story and breakdown of key changes on this blog.

Easily clone a method config from UI

mnoblemnoble Broad Institute of MIT & HarvardMember, Broadie

I searched the forum for "clone method config" and "duplicate method config" and "copy method config" but came up empty. So, here's a use case for the UI: would be nice to have a Clone button on the page from which one views a method config (Workspace-->Method Configurations Tab-->choose a config). This would make it easy for simple edits, like changing an input parameter name or attribute, etc.

Answers

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

So I did find a bit of a roundabout way to do this in the UI.

If you are trying to make a copy of a published method config, you can re-import the configuration to your workspace from the method repository. (Workspace> Method Configurations> Import Configuration > Import from Method Repository) All you need to do is name the imported configuration something different from the original, e.g. methodconfig_copy.

If you are trying to make a copy of a method config you have in your workspace, you can go the same route as above, except instead of importing from the method repository, you select "copy from another workspace". Then in the list that pops up, search for the workspace you are currently in and import it there. Again, you will need to name the copy something different from the original or you will get a naming conflict error.

I hope this workaround helps achieve what you're looking for. In the meantime, I've submitted a request to implement this feature.