Latest Release: 03/12/19
Release Notes can be found here.

Is there a way to get the execution time for workflows that ran as a batch?

DivyKangeyanDivyKangeyan Member, Broadie
edited April 2018 in Ask the FireCloud Team

One of my method configurations has participant as the root entity type but I have ran it with a participant- set with hundreds of files. Is there an easy way to obtain how long it took to finish the job for each individual run?

Best Answer

Answers

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

So the most straightforward method of doing this is to click through your monitor tab to each participant and subtract the End Time from the Start Time. However, you'd have to go into each participant's individual monitor view in order to find it for each one.

I'm going to do some digging to see if there's any other way to obtain the runtimes for a large scale like that, and I'll let you know what I find.

• DivyKangeyanDivyKangeyan Member, Broadie

Hi @KateN that is what I have been doing for ten or twenty samples. But for participants in the order of 100's it seems too much work so just wanted to check if there are any easier ways.

• DivyKangeyanDivyKangeyan Member, Broadie

Hi @KateN Thank you for the answer. I will check them out. Link that you provided for Dalmation seems to be broken. In terms of adding a UI option, my eventual goal is to calculate the cost for each run. For now I am calculating the runtime and using the cost per hour provided in GCP website to calculate the total cost. At this point I am not sure whether it is needed for each run or just for this time. I will follow up if it is needed for all future runs.

Well shoot. The link worked when I posted it. I'm going to track down what happened with that github repo, because I can't even see that it exists anymore.

If your ultimate goal is to calculate the cost of the workflows, then BigQuery might be something to take a look at. We have a document in the works on it, so I will ask the status to see if it can be published.

edited April 2018

Turns out I misspelled the URL when transcribing it. Here is the correct link for Dalmatian (not with an 'o' as I originally thought). I've also updated my original link above so as to not confuse others who might read this thread in the future.