Holiday Notice:
The Frontline Support team will be offline February 18 for President's Day but will be back February 19th. Thank you for your patience as we get to all of your questions!

Latest Release: 02/05/19
Release Notes can be found here.

seeking a full enumeration of workflow submission states

mnoblemnoble Broad Institute of MIT & HarvardMember, Broadie

What is the set of possible states returned by the listSubmissions API ? To date we've observed that the workflowStatuses field can have these values

'Succeeded'
'Failed'
'Running'
'NotRun'

but surmise there are probably more, such as 'Submitted' and 'Queued' ... it would be nice to see the full set documented right in the Swagger pages, but in the meantime can they be enumerated here? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

Thanks for your question! I'm looking into this right now and I'll be back with an answer soon. For now, I found this list which doesn't seem to be exhaustive since it doesn't include some of the statuses you mentioned above.

Accepted
      Evaluating
      Submitting
      Submitted
      Aborting
      Aborted
      Done

• mnoblemnoble Broad Institute of MIT & HarvardMember, Broadie

Thank you, Kate! The NotRun was apparently a default value in our downstream script, my apologies for introducing a spurious datum.

• Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

You can also check out the diagram on this page to see how the statuses work: https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/quickstart?page=monitor