Holiday Notice:
The Frontline Support team will be offline February 18 for President's Day but will be back February 19th. Thank you for your patience as we get to all of your questions!

Latest Release: 02/05/19
Release Notes can be found here.

service accounts, proxy groups ... recently lost access to data

ChipChip 415M 4053Member, Broadie

Recently a user (Eric - @ericco92 from NCI) lost ability run jobs in workspace rebc-oct16/rebc_template using data located on the google bucket corresponding to workspace firehose-to-firecloud/REBC_Chanock_NCI. Eric has been able run jobs from this workspace on this data for several months but suddenly not this week. The error message was: "Error: insufficient permissions to perform operation on rebc-oct16/rebc_template"

Based on https://gatkforums.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/discussion/11320/insufficient-permission-to-perform-operation-in-a-workspace-that-i-am-owner-of , Eric thought this was due to not being listed on the billing process access list, bur Eric is a user on the REBC billing project - so that can't be the problem.

Could this be due to the changes described recently in https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/blog?id=11342 ? I added Eric's Proxy group id with access to both firehose-to-firecloud/REBC_Chanock_NCI (reader) and to rebc-oct16/rebc_template (writer). Despite this, Eric is still unable to run jobs.

What is the correct procedure to allow Eric to run jobs again ?

Answers

• ericco92ericco92 Cambridge, UKMember

A bit more information on the behavior:

• I am an owner on the workspace.
    • I can't run any jobs at all (not just the new tool). Workflows that used to work all give me 403 errors now.
    • My profile doesn't list any billing projects (I don't have any of my own, but should be on the REBC one)
  • ChipChip 415M 4053Member, Broadie

Hi

Can we bump up the the help-priority of this issue ? We are dead in the water with a very important project.

Thanks,

Chip

• abaumannabaumann Broad DSDEMember, Broadie ✭✭✭

I can help debug this to unblock you and let the team know what the findings were - can we take this to email so I can ask for some specific details?

• abaumannabaumann Broad DSDEMember, Broadie ✭✭✭

We figured this out - Eric was not on the projects associated with these workspaces, which didn't allow him to run compute