Release Notes can be found here.
Release Notes: February 2018
February 26, 2018
- Added a new API endpoint at /api/profile/importstatus. This API is a convenience for the FireCloud UI that allows the UI to consolidate multiple ajax calls into a single call. It indicates whether or not the current user has at least one writable workspace, and at least one working billing project.
- The api.firecloud.org/status API now returns a 200 OK even when subsystems are down. This allows more accurate machine-readable inspection of the API's health. To inspect health of subsystems, read the response payload, which has not changed.
February 13, 2018
- New "Project Cost" section in the Workspace Summary page allows project owners to easily find their billing information in the Google Cloud Console.
- The WDL tab in the Methods Repository now includes a link for you to download the WDL you are viewing.
- If your free trial has ended, you now have the ability to permanently hide the message at the top of the screen telling you so.
- Library datasets that specify an ORSP restriction ID now participate in data use-aware search.
- Consent and Consent Ontology now report coverage for new PRs.
- FireCloud has now updated to Cromwell 30.2, which fixes bugs reported by users, here and here.
- When clicking links to the Google Cloud Console, your default Google identity will no longer be automatically chosen. You will be prompted to select the Google identity that you'd like to use. In many cases, the your default Google identity was not the same Google identity that you use for FireCloud, which would cause you to receive an error message about not having permission to view the link you clicked.
- Fixed a bug where deleting workspace data via the API could cause the entity table in the Data tab and Launch Analysis modal to fail to load, or behave strangely.
- Fixed a bug that caused some workflows to never complete when an entity has too many attributes or the attributes themselves were too long.
February 6, 2018
Pet service accounts have now been enabled. As a part of implementing this change, all currently running workflows at the time of the release will be stopped and restarted, using call-caching to resume where they left off. Read our blog post for more in-depth information on how this feature works, and what it will affect.
- This change will enable the $5 Genome Analysis Pipeline. This pipeline will take WGS unmapped bams and output a GVCF. This pipeline will be published sometime next week, and will be accompanied by announcements with additional details, so please stay tuned.
The method creation dialog has gotten a facelift! Method descriptions have supported markdown for a while now, so now the method creation dialog uses a markdown editor so you can see what you're doing. In addition, there's now an option to autofill the documentation field from the WDL comment, which automatically strips off the comment characters (leading '#'s).
- Using the API, you can hide the free trial termination banners permanently if you do not wish to continue seeing the alert.
- In the Data Library, when you clicked to
Request Accessto a dataset you did not have access to, the dialog that popped up was missing a close button, requiring you to refresh the page to dismiss the message. This has now been fixed.
- Previously, you could not edit your profit/non-profit status on your user profile page. This has been fixed and you can now edit it.