We’re moving the GATK website, docs and forum to a new platform. Read the full story and breakdown of key changes on this blog.
Information Sessions for FireHose to FireCloud Migration
We are setting up special "office hours" and encouraging all FireHose users to attend any single session that fits your schedule to learn more about what the FireHose to FireCloud migration means for you.
In the office hours we will have representatives from BITS (who will help copy any data you need copied to the cloud) and DSP (who will answer questions about using FireCloud). We are happy to discuss options and to cater strategies for each individual group at the office hours.
We currently have the following office hour sessions scheduled (and we can schedule more if need be):
- Mon Feb 5 @ 3pm – 4pm (Cascades, 75A 11031)
- Tue Feb 6 @ 2pm – 3pm (Fuji, 415M 4001)
- Wed Feb 7 @ 2pm – 3pm (Glacier, 415M 9031)
- Thu Feb 8 @ 3pm – 4pm (Everglades, 75A 10031)
- Mon Feb 26 @ 11am – 12pm (Kalahari, 75A 8031)
- Wed Feb 28 @ 1pm – 2pm (Everest 415M 7001)
In addition, we will be running a "WDL and FireCloud" workshop on Wednesday, March 14th in Olympus from 10:00AM - 5:00PM EST. The session will be broken down as follows:
- 10:00AM -1:00PM EST: We will be covering WDL basics: What the language is and how to write a few simple scripts.
- 2:00PM - 5:00PM EST: We will cover the basic features of FireCloud with a tour of the platform, guide users through cloning & running a workflow, then upload and run one of the WDL scripts we wrote in the morning. For people who aren't attending the morning session, we will have a prewritten WDL they can use.
Please reach out to Ilyana Rosenberg ([email protected]) to sign up for this workshop or for more information on the decommissioning of Firehose.