Release Notes: January 2018
January 22, 2018
- FireCloud has been upgraded to Cromwell version 30.1. This version includes all the upgrades from Cromwell version 30, plus some bug fixes that were applied to 30.1. You can read about what is included in this upgrade on Cromwell's release page here
January 17, 2018
- Owners of billing projects will now automatically have the Google Billing Manager role on all of their projects. This gives them the power to switch billing accounts on their projects via the Google Cloud Console.
- Billing project owners can now switch off batch compute (via Cromwell) for all workspaces in the project via the API.
- There are new API endpoints for Project Owners to enable/disable the BigQuery Job User role, which allows running queries, for users in their projects.
- There were errors encountered when exporting consents from ORSP to DUOS, which has now been fixed. You can now export consents as expected.
January 4, 2018
- There is a new Can Share option when sharing your workspace or method. If you grant this permission to someone who has access to your workspace or method, they can then go on to share it with others. Previously, if you wanted to allow someone to share your workspace or method with others, you would have to give them Owner access, which comes with a lot more permissions than just the ability to share.
- Method namespaces can now be marked as
certified. Similar to the
verifiedrole on many social media sites, you will be able to have your namespace marked as certified. We are still working on a process in order to become certified, so please stay tuned!
- There is a new Featured Methods section in the Methods Repository. We will be using this section to feature GATK workflows published by the Broad, as well as user-created methods suggested by you.
Post edited by KateN on