Method Access Controls
Methods, like Workspaces, have different access controls, also known as "Permissions."
When you are granted READER permission, you can:
- see the method listed under "My Methods" tab in the Method Repository
- view the WDL contents and different snapshots
- execute the method (i.e., run analyses with the method)
- clone the method
When you are granted OWNER permission, you can:
- have all of the abilities of a READER
- share the method with others or adjust current access controls
- redact the method
When you upload a method to the Method Repository, you are given OWNER permission to the method.
Methods that are set to "Publicly Readable" will be shared with all FireCloud users under the "Public Methods" tab.