Hi GATK Users,

Happy Thanksgiving!
Our staff will be observing the holiday and will be unavailable from 22nd to 25th November. This will cause a delay in reaching out to you and answering your questions immediately. Rest assured we will get back to it on Monday November 26th. We are grateful for your support and patience.
Have a great holiday everyone!!!

Regards
GATK Staff
Latest Release: 11/14/18
Release Notes can be found here.

[ERROR] the local copy message must have path set.

cbaocbao Member, Broadie ✭✭

Hi Firecloud Team,

I submitted a workflow to FC yesterday. But, just one of the tasks was failed. I tried three times and got the same ERROR message as following in workflow.log. And, there is no log files for the failed task. I have no idea how to fix it. Thank you very much!

2017-11-06 22:48:09,085 ERROR - JesAsyncBackendJobExecutionActor [UUID(34df5fa6)CNVSomaticPairWorkflow.ModelSegmentsNormal:NA:1]: Error attempting to Execute
cromwell.backend.impl.jes.statuspolling.JesApiQueryManager$JesApiException: Unable to complete JES Api Request
    at cromwell.backend.impl.jes.statuspolling.RunCreation$$anon$1.onFailure(RunCreation.scala:24)
    at com.google.api.client.googleapis.batch.json.JsonBatchCallback.onFailure(JsonBatchCallback.java:54)
    at com.google.api.client.googleapis.batch.json.JsonBatchCallback.onFailure(JsonBatchCallback.java:50)
    at com.google.api.client.googleapis.batch.BatchUnparsedResponse.parseAndCallback(BatchUnparsedResponse.java:223)
    at com.google.api.client.googleapis.batch.BatchUnparsedResponse.parseNextResponse(BatchUnparsedResponse.java:155)
    at com.google.api.client.googleapis.batch.BatchRequest.execute(BatchRequest.java:253)
    at cromwell.backend.impl.jes.statuspolling.JesPollingActor.runBatch(JesPollingActor.scala:63)
    at cromwell.backend.impl.jes.statuspolling.JesPollingActor.cromwell$backend$impl$jes$statuspolling$JesPollingActor$$handleBatch(JesPollingActor.scala:57)
    at cromwell.backend.impl.jes.statuspolling.JesPollingActor$$anonfun$receive$1.applyOrElse(JesPollingActor.scala:36)
    at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:496)
    at cromwell.backend.impl.jes.statuspolling.JesPollingActor.aroundReceive(JesPollingActor.scala:22)
    at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:526)
    at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:495)
    at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:257)
    at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:224)
    at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.exec(Mailbox.scala:234)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
Caused by: cromwell.backend.impl.jes.statuspolling.JesApiQueryManager$GoogleJsonException: the local copy message must have path set.
    ... 20 common frames omitted
2017-11-06 22:48:12,846 INFO  - $h [UUID(34df5fa6)]: Copying workflow logs from /cromwell-workflow-logs/workflow.34df5fa6-9535-4c3d-913e-a4063cac6e7c.log to gs://fc-f300546b-ca71-489e-ba0c-38f33fc5e19f/29ede9fb-693f-44d7-aef7-a8a002c09188/workflow.logs/workflow.34df5fa6-9535-4c3d-913e-a4063cac6e7c.log

Workspace: nci-cbao-bi-org/BN10_WGS_Chunyang_Analysis
Workflow ID: 29ede9fb-693f-44d7-aef7-a8a002c09188

Best,
Chunyang

Best Answer

• cbaocbao ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

I fixed it by myself.

It seems that “” is not an acceptable value for FC in my WDL:
    File? normal_het_allelic_counts = if defined(normal_allelic_counts) then "${output_dir_}/${entity_id}.hets.normal.tsv" else ""

So, my solution is:
    File? normal_het_allelic_counts = if defined(normal_allelic_counts) then "${output_dir_}/${entity_id}.hets.normal.tsv" else "${output_dir_}/${entity_id}.hets.tsv"

Then, I can run the pipeline without any issues.

Thank you!

Best,
    Chunyang

Answers