Public method configurations are no longer visible/accessible

francois_afrancois_a Member, Broadie ✭✭

For example, this method should have two public configurations:
https://portal.firecloud.org/#methods/broadinstitute_gtex/star_v1-0_BETA/2

But the 'Configurations' tab shows "You don't have access to any published configurations for this method."

Answers

• esalinasesalinas BroadMember, Broadie ✭✭✭

@francois_a you do confirm right that you yourself published those two configurations?

• Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin
    edited October 2017

Hi @esalinas & @francois_a

One of the big changes in the recent UI overhaul of methods repo is that, in the UI, any method snapshot only shows compatible configurations. We define compatible as having the same set of inputs and outputs.

So if the configs in question aren't compatible, they are entirely hidden. You can still get to them from the API, for instance from here: https://api.firecloud.org/#!/Method_Repository/get_api_methods_namespace_name_configurations

We mentioned this in our release notes, October 17, but should have called out the UI impact more explicitly.

Let me know how this is impacting you.

• nmcabilinmcabili BroadMember

@francois_a
    Hi Francois,
    First I want to apologize for all this inconvenience and we will work ASAP to fix this.
    My first question is: can you check if by any chance you see these if you look via My Methods tab .
    My other question is (so we can make sure we understand the problem and fix the correct thing), is it the case that these configurations don't have exactly the same inputs and outputs of Method snapshot #2? Are you guys running these configs on a different snapshot of the method that is not public (if so, check on My Methods tab for that snapshot and see if the configs appear there)?
    Last , one potential way to recover this via the UI: if you previously have a workspace where you run these configs on snapshot #2 successfully, can you go an publish that config from the workspace?
    Thanks and my apologies again,
    Moran