LATEST RELEASE: May 23, 2018
Release Notes can be found here.
Service notice: we are planning some system upgrades that may cause up to 30 minutes of service disruption on Sunday, May 27. We will post an update here when we have a specific time range.

BUG: deleteWorkspace API status code does not match documentation.

According to the swagger documentation, the deleteWorkspace API is supposed to return status code 202 on success/command acceptance, but instead it returns a 200.

Tagged:

Answers

• Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator

Thanks for letting us know! I have raised a ticket for this to be updated.

• dheimandheiman Member, Broadie

Any more on this? It looks like the docs were updated for some of the other workspace APIs to include 200 No response was specified, which I think may be a bug as well since 200 is supposed to mean a generic OK. Looking across the internet, I suspect that its presence is due to being part of the swagger YAML template, and was not deleted/modified before posting the swagger documentation.

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator

I will check on the status of your original request and get back to you.

Do you know which APIs have the incorrect 200 return code in the documentation? I am unable to find it with my initial inspection.

It appears that this bug has been assigned to a team, but due to other high-priority work, it has not yet been worked on. Is this documentation inaccuracy blocking your work in any way?

• dheimandheiman Member, Broadie

These are 3 APIs that I know of with the incorrect 200 return code:
    POST/api/workspaces
    PUT /api/workspaces/{workspaceNamespace}/{workspaceName}/lock
    PUT /api/workspaces/{workspaceNamespace}/{workspaceName}/unlock

This blocks some of our work on FISS. Part of what we want to do is automated code generation based on the swagger documentation in the same way we do for FireBrowse. Inaccurate swagger documentation keeps that vision from becoming a reality, and we are forced to continually retrofit our code based on testing the API for what the actual "truth" is.

I see, that is definitely an issue. I've asked the ticket to be reprioritized and added your notes about the additional 3 APIs.