Release Notes: October 2017
October 20, 2017
- Users can now specify a snapshot comment when creating or editing a method in the Method Repository. The comment appears in the method config tab of a workspace, when importing/exporting methods, and when viewing a method in the Repository.
- Now we explicitly state in the user interface that group functionality cannot be used in the Methods Repository. We are working on supporting this.
- Two-dimensional Array entity attributes (e.g. [[1,2,3],[4,5,6],[7,8,9]]) can now be bound to two-dimensional array WDL inputs (e.g. Array[Array[Int]]).
- Fixed an issue where after updating the owners of a method or method configuration inside the Method Repository, the new list of owners was not displayed until the page was refreshed.
October 17, 2017
A new UI for the Methods Repository has been released!
- The Methods Repository page now only lists methods. Configurations based on those methods are now accessible via the Method's detail view.
- The Methods detail view shows all snapshots at once - use the dropdown to switch between snapshots and compare them.
- Export an existing Configuration to a workspace, or use a blank configuration.
- You will be able to export any configurations that are compatible (i.e. have the same inputs and outputs) with the method snapshot of interest, even if the configuration was originally created based on a different method snapshot.
- A Method Configuration in a workspace will now only let you set the root entity type to a type that exists in your workspace.
- If you are in the filter box for a table and have entered text to search on, hitting escape will clear the search rather than closing the dialog as it did previously.
- When you redact a snapshot of a method from the Methods Repository, you will now be warned that you will also remove all associated configurations from the repository.
- The GA4GH's DUO ontology has now been integrated into the Library.
- Fixed a bug where attempting to delete workspace attributes would occasionally delete the wrong row.
- Fixed a bug where editing a workspace method configuration to point to a different method snapshot could cause the configuration to be unusable.
October 3, 2017
- A new level of Workspace permission has been added: Can Compute. This permission allows more granularity in sharing of the workspace. Without the can compute permission, a user can read and contribute to a workspace, but cannot launch an analysis.
- We have a new category in our FireCloud API termed GA4GH Tool Registry that now includes a GET API which returns the WDL descriptor for the specified public method and is compatible with the GA4GH Tool Discovery API specs.
- A new Methods Repository API endpoint returns all configurations in the repo that are associated with a specified method and compatible with a supplied method snapshot. Here, compatible means having the exact same set of input and output keys.
- When exporting a method to workspace, the workspaces listed are filtered such that only those you have
WRITEpermissions or greater are listed.
- You can now leave the Output Expression blank in the Method Configuration.
- "TCGA Protected Access" has been renamed to "TCGA Controlled Access" in the search dropdown for workspaces.
- Method Configurations with invalid inputs and/or outputs can no longer launch an analysis; These runs would fail shortly after launching, so we now stop them from launching.
- The search checkbox for TCGA Open Access workspaces now functions as expected.
- When re-uploading an edited WDL file to the Create a New Method dialog, it would show the original content rather than the updated file content. This has been fixed so it now displays the updated file content.
- Fixed a regression in which the "Redact Snapshot XX" checkbox did not actually redact anything while editing a method in the Methods Repository.
Post edited by Tiffany_at_Broad on