minor GUI bug: filename truncated in dialog window for file download

birgerbirger Member, Broadie, CGA-mod ✭✭✭

When I click on a gs:// URL to download a file, a "File Details" dialog box appears. If the path of the file on the bucket is long, the filename is truncated. (See attached screenshot. ) Long filenames should wrap around.

Answers

• Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

Hi @birger !
    Thanks for reporting. What is the file path supposed to be in full?

• birgerbirger Member, Broadie, CGA-mod ✭✭✭

CPTAC/colorectal/TCGA_Colon_VU_Proteome_CDAP_Protein_Report.r2/Protein_data/CDAP/TCGA_Colon_VU_Proteome_CDAP.r2.summary.tsv

• Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

Thanks - I raised a bug ticket for the team.

@birger, when this happens, can you scroll the dialog box to see the entire filename?
    I tried to recreate with a file path that was 161 characters (the one above is 123), but the file path wrapped so I wasn't able to reproduce.

Now it is wrapping. As you saw from my screen shot, it was not wrapping before. Is the new release out? Maybe it got fixed. Note that I can never tell when a new release is up and running. It would be nice if there was an about link on the portal that provided a release version number and time stamp.

Note: on the forum I see message in banner:
    RELEASE: FireCloud's latest release was on Tuesday, October 3rd. Release Notes can be found here.

I still feel it would be useful to have a link to a release identifier on the portal itself.

You can check out all the release notes on the blog. This issue was posted on Sept 29th and before that, you can see that our latest release was Sept 26th. I can see value in posting a version of the portal clearly to users so that they can report which version they see a bug in. Then, as they are waiting for it to be fixed, they can quickly see when the version number changes and check if it has been fixed.
    Without this process in place, you can count on Kate and I responding on the forum when a reported issue is fixed.

Forgot to conclude the last message with saying I did raise a ticket for this and it is on a team's backlog.