Latest Release: 03/12/19
Release Notes can be found here.

Can there be a rational order to the call in the monitor view?

yfarjounyfarjoun Broad InstituteDev ✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Ask the FireCloud Team

...or perhaps there is one, but it's beyond me. Here are the calls I see (together, for your enjoyment, the order in which they show up in the timing diagram):

{{
3. CheckBuild
2. dbRsIDsSize_string
6. ChangeCodingToChrPos
4. LiftOverPlinkFiles
1. ExtractRsIdFromVCF
8. StrandAmbiguousHarmonization
11. GetMoreExcludedAndPlot
5. RemoveHighMafAndChrXParVariants
13. FixMaleHetSitesConvertToBCF
12. ExcludeFlipRestAndGetFreq
7. ExcludeDupsAndIndels
10. ExcludeFlipAndGetFreq
9. PadhraigsScript
}}

Not sorted alphanumerically, not by execution order....so...what is it? It makes it quite annoying to find the task you are looking for.

Answers

• husseinhussein DSP @ Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Dev ✭✭

I'm not sure I follow from your description. Are you saying the calls in the timing diagram are in unpredictable order, or in the list of tasks underneath?

• yfarjounyfarjoun Broad InstituteDev ✭✭✭

Sorry, that's the order in which the items show up in the list underneath the timing diagram. The numbers that I put next to the list, is the index of the element in the timing diagram....

• husseinhussein DSP @ Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Dev ✭✭

From a quick peek at the code I think the answer is "the order is determined by however the hell javascript iterates over the map". But it's not obvious to me what the order should be. The same order as the timing diagram? I'm not sure that'd make them any easier to find. Maybe in the same order as the WDL?

I would say, either the same order as the timing diagram (i.e. ordered by execution start) or alphabetical order...anything is better than the order of the unknown hash function inside java...

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

I agree it should be ordered by execution start, like the timing diagram.

Definitely not based on order in the WDL since that can be completely random and is essentially abstracted away for any consumer of the method who doesn't expressly go look at it.

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

Apologies for the delay in response; I've just filed a ticket for this feature. As others have mentioned, this will certainly be valuable.

Any update on this ticket? Has it been prioritized?

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

I spoke with the team this morning and they've reprioritized it higher. It should be worked on quite soon.