Attention:
The frontline support team will be unavailable to answer questions on April 15th and 17th 2019. We will be back soon after. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience!
Latest Release: 03/12/19
Release Notes can be found here.

Monitor claims "Call caching: Disabled" erroneously

yfarjounyfarjoun Broad InstituteDev ✭✭✭

In the first few seconds of a submission (before it actually gets going) the Monitor will state that a certain submission has Call Caching disabled even though this isn't true.

A frantic refresh will eventually correct this, but I've nearly aborted a few submissions due to this message. It would be better to say "n/a" or leave blank is the correct answer is not known than to state something which is untrue.

Answers

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

An excellent point! I'll file a ticket for this momentarily.

• mshandmshand Member, Broadie, Dev ✭✭

@KateN Has this been fixed? Lately I've noticed that it says Call Caching disabled on all of my submissions, even though call caching seems to be working. Refreshing doesn't change the message.

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

This has not yet been fixed, unfortunately. I will note your comment on the ticket to see if it can be bumped up in priority.

When you refresh, is it right away? It does take some time for the call caching to update properly, which varies from a few minutes to a few hours depending on the system load and the complexity of your workflows. If your submission still says Call Caching disabled after it has begun actually running the task (which you can see via the timing diagram if it is in a RunningJob state), then that would indicate either that it didn't find a previous call it could cache, or that the "Call Caching" box was unchecked when you ran the submission.

• yfarjounyfarjoun Broad InstituteDev ✭✭✭

refresh after it actually started running should bring up the right answer....you'd hope that this would be fixed by now...