Jobs spend a long time "waiting for quota"

Dear FireCloud Team,
I see my firecloud jobs will spend a long time (hours or days) in a "waiting for quota" state prior to execution. They are running fine, when they do execute, and they have been running steadily. Do you know if there is a limit on jobs running on the cloud and if this limit is adjustable?

Thanks!
Jason

Answers

• esalinasesalinas BroadMember, Broadie ✭✭✭

hi @g3n3

quota limits simultaneous resource utilization/allocation (maximal through-put)

see attached PDF that may be informative with information.

Look in the google console for your project's quota.

-eddie

• Hi @esalinas

The PDF was not really clear, we put in a request to increase the CPU quota but as far as we could tell the quota wasn't being exhausted, and doing that hasn't made any change in the rate of jobs being done.

At the end of the PDF theres a bullet that says

To request quota increase for a *project* please write to “[email protected]

I'm not what that means or if thats what we should do. I'll give that a try.

Thanks,

Jason

hi @g3nc.

thank you for the PDF (slide) feedback.

firecloud namespaces correspond 1-1 with google projects. Google projects that are firecloud namespaces are created however via firecloud only (because of permission/security reasons).

For essentially the same security/permission reasons, FC users don't have permission to directly request quota increase from google and for that reasons, the process is for users to send an email to "[email protected]" to request the quota increase which is made by FC admins on behalf of users.

Do you confirm that you put in a request for quota increase? was it directly to google? did the request get done/approved? Did you get an email saying so? I guess you will write to "[email protected]"?

-eddie

@abaumann can you read what I've written/typed and confirm or not that it is correct?

• abaumannabaumann Broad DSDEMember, Broadie ✭✭✭

Yes this is correct, and I can help with getting the extra quota