The current GATK version is 3.7-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get notifications!

You can opt in to receive email notifications, for example when your questions get answered or when there are new announcements, by following the instructions given here.

Did you remember to?

1. Search using the upper-right search box, e.g. using the error message.
2. Try the latest version of tools.
3. Include tool and Java versions.
4. Tell us whether you are following GATK Best Practices.
5. Include relevant details, e.g. platform, DNA- or RNA-Seq, WES (+capture kit) or WGS (PCR-free or PCR+), paired- or single-end, read length, expected average coverage, somatic data, etc.
6. For tool errors, include the error stacktrace as well as the exact command.
7. For format issues, include the result of running ValidateSamFile for BAMs or ValidateVariants for VCFs.
8. For weird results, include an illustrative example, e.g. attach IGV screenshots according to Article#5484.
9. For a seeming variant that is uncalled, include results of following Article#1235.

Did we ask for a bug report?

Then follow instructions in Article#1894.

Formatting tip!

Wrap blocks of code, error messages and BAM/VCF snippets--especially content with hashes (#)--with lines with three backticks ( ``` ) each to make a code block as demonstrated here.

Jump to another community
Picard 2.9.0 is now available. Download and read release notes here.
GATK 3.7 is here! Be sure to read the Version Highlights and optionally the full Release Notes.

Obtaining the data used in automated tests in a more automated manner

bbimberbbimber HomePosts: 76

GATK has integration tests that depend on data, I presume all part of the GATK bundle. Is there anything in the build that downloads the expected data in a more automated manner than me manually downloading these to my computer? I assume something exists because you have automated testing, but I'm not seeing it. Thanks for any help.

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAPosts: 11,743 admin
    Actually the test data is separate from the bundle, and where the test data lives is very different for GATK 3 vs GATK4. For 3 unfortunately we can't share it, it's on a private system. I know that sucks, we don't like it either. For 4 it's all public though I personally don't know how you access it. I would recommend asking in the github repo to get an answer directly from the devs who manage it.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD