The current GATK version is 3.7-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
GATK 3.7 is here! Be sure to read the Version Highlights and optionally the full Release Notes.
Register now for the upcoming GATK Best Practices workshop, Feb 20-22 in Leuven, Belgium. Open to all comers! More info and signup at http://bit.ly/2i4mGxz

Picards NEAR_AMPLICON_BASES

mberrymberry Cape TownMember Posts: 1

Hi
The description of NEAR_AMPLICON_BASES in Picard is defined as "The number of PF aligned bases that mapped to within a fixed interval of an amplified region, but not on a baited region."
What is this fixed interval and is there a way to change how many bases it covers?

Thanks

Tagged:

Issue · Github
by Sheila

Issue Number
State
closed
Last Updated
Assignee
Array
Milestone
Array
Closed By
dekling

Best Answer

Answers

• deklingdekling Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator, Dev Posts: 82 admin

Hello @mberry:
    I believe that you are referring to sequences that are within the specified target regions that were were either missed or not included when designing the bait regions. For example, a bait region might be specific to an exon, but the target region might include sequence extending beyond an intron/exon boundary. Thus, you might have amplified regions that are not part of the baited region but are within the target region, which is what this metric is telling us.

I believe the number of bases covered can be changed by adjusting the size of the target regions within the input interval file. Let us know if you have more questions.