The current GATK version is 3.7-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you remember to?

1. Search using the upper-right search box, e.g. using the error message.
2. Try the latest version of tools.
3. Include tool and Java versions.
4. Tell us whether you are following GATK Best Practices.
5. Include relevant details, e.g. platform, DNA- or RNA-Seq, WES (+capture kit) or WGS (PCR-free or PCR+), paired- or single-end, read length, expected average coverage, somatic data, etc.
6. For tool errors, include the error stacktrace as well as the exact command.
7. For format issues, include the result of running ValidateSamFile for BAMs or ValidateVariants for VCFs.
8. For weird results, include an illustrative example, e.g. attach IGV screenshots according to Article#5484.
9. For a seeming variant that is uncalled, include results of following Article#1235.

Did we ask for a bug report?

Then follow instructions in Article#1894.

Formatting tip!

Surround blocks of code, error messages and BAM/VCF snippets--especially content with hashes (#)--with lines with three backticks ( ``` ) each to make a code block.
Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Picard 2.9.0 is now available. Download and read release notes here.
GATK 3.7 is here! Be sure to read the Version Highlights and optionally the full Release Notes.

Picard's CollectMultipleMetrics in Queue v3.4 and v3.5

brisk022brisk022 University of ZurichMember Posts: 11 ✭✭✭

Greetings,

Some of the picard's collect (e.g. CollectMultipleMetrics, CollectInsertSizeMetrics) commands load R script resources. Those resources were present in Queue <= v3.3-0 but they are absent from the subsequent versions.

$ jar tf 3.3-0/Queue.jar | grep "picard.*R$"
picard/analysis/baseDistributionByCycle.R
picard/analysis/gcBias.R
picard/analysis/meanQualityByCycle.R
picard/analysis/rnaSeqCoverage.R
picard/analysis/qualityScoreDistribution.R
picard/analysis/insertSizeHistogram.R
$ jar tf 3.4-0/Queue.jar | grep "picard.*R$"
$ jar tf 3.5-0/Queue.jar | grep "picard.*R$"
$

Without those resources, CollectMultipleMetrics throws something similar to java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Script [picard/analysis/qualityScoreDistribution.R] not found in classpath depending on which commands it hits first. I thought I would be able to overcome that by adding picard.jar to CLASSPATH but it did not help. I had to add them to Queue.jar in order to make it work.

It would be nice to have those resources back in the distributed Queue.jar.

Thanks!

Roman

Issue · Github
by Sheila

Issue Number
State
closed
Last Updated
Assignee
Array
Milestone
Array
Closed By
vdauwera

Best Answer

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie Posts: 11,371 admin

It looks like the June issue was something different; unfortunately it's not clear what's going wrong and we don't have the resources to address this at this time. If someone external figures it out and submits a patch we're happy to look at it of course. Sorry to disappoint!

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

• brisk022brisk022 University of ZurichMember Posts: 11 ✭✭✭

Thanks for looking into that, Geraldine. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with Maven, so I wouldn't be of much help.

PS Do you give badges to people for reporting the most obscure issues? ;)

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie Posts: 11,371 admin

Hah, sure! Have a Trophy badge :)

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD