The current GATK version is 3.7-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
GATK 3.7 is here! Be sure to read the Version Highlights and optionally the full Release Notes.
Register now for the upcoming GATK Best Practices workshop, Feb 20-22 in Leuven, Belgium. Open to all comers! More info and signup at http://bit.ly/2i4mGxz

Picard CollectOxoGMetrics

brofallonbrofallon Salt Lake City, UTMember Posts: 3

Hi there, I'm having trouble getting picard's CollectOxoGMetrics to produce output. Specifically, commands like:

java -Xmx2g -jar ~/tools/picard-tools-1.140/picard.jar CollectOxoGMetrics I=test.bam O=test.oxog.csv R=~/resources/GRCh38.p2.fa

produces a "test.oxog.csv" file with some header information including the command line arguments, etc., but no other content besides a few blank lines. No warning or error information is emitted, and other metrics commands seem to work just fine. I've tried a couple of different bams now (one in-house generated, one from Illumina) and got the same results for each one.
Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks!

Issue · Github
by Geraldine_VdAuwera

Issue Number
State
closed
Last Updated
Assignee
Array
Milestone
Array
Closed By
dekling

Best Answer

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Administrator, Dev Posts: 11,118 admin

Hi there, sorry for the delay -- your question slipped through our net. We'll get an answer to you tomorrow.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

• brofallonbrofallon Salt Lake City, UTMember Posts: 3

Thanks - indeed it was the read group issue. Looks like CollectOxoGMetrics doesn't warn about this if no read group is specified. Thanks for the assistance!