The current GATK version is 3.6-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Last chance to register for the GATK workshop next week in Basel, Switzerland! http://www.sib.swiss/training/upcoming-training-events/training/gatk-workshop-lecture

Having problems with BQRS (java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -37)

JorgeJorge Posts: 2Member

Hi,
Looking in the forum, I can´t see how to correct this.
I am using java 1.7, sorted HG19 from UCSC and sorted HG19 dbnsp from the bundle

java -Xmx4g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T BaseRecalibrator -I PAN001N.rmdup.bam -R HG19.fasta -knownSites dbsnp_137.hg19.sorted.vcf -o recalibration_report.grp

The Genome Analysis Toolkit (GATK) v2.7-4-g6f46d11, Compiled 2013/10/10 17:27:51

ERROR stack trace

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -37
at org.broadinstitute.sting.utils.BaseUtils.convertIUPACtoN(BaseUtils.java:172)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.utils.fasta.CachingIndexedFastaSequenceFile.getSubsequenceAt(CachingIndexedFastaSequenceFile.java:288)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.datasources.providers.ReferenceView.getReferenceBases(ReferenceView.java:116)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.datasources.providers.ReadReferenceView$Provider.getBases(ReadReferenceView.java:87)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.contexts.ReferenceContext.fetchBasesFromProvider(ReferenceContext.java:145)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.contexts.ReferenceContext.getBases(ReferenceContext.java:189)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.walkers.bqsr.BaseRecalibrator.calculateIsSNP(BaseRecalibrator.java:335)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.walkers.bqsr.BaseRecalibrator.map(BaseRecalibrator.java:253)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.walkers.bqsr.BaseRecalibrator.map(BaseRecalibrator.java:132)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.traversals.TraverseReadsNano$TraverseReadsMap.apply(TraverseReadsNano.java:228)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.traversals.TraverseReadsNano$TraverseReadsMap.apply(TraverseReadsNano.java:216)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.utils.nanoScheduler.NanoScheduler.executeSingleThreaded(NanoScheduler.java:274)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.utils.nanoScheduler.NanoScheduler.execute(NanoScheduler.java:245)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.traversals.TraverseReadsNano.traverse(TraverseReadsNano.java:102)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.traversals.TraverseReadsNano.traverse(TraverseReadsNano.java:56)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.executive.LinearMicroScheduler.execute(LinearMicroScheduler.java:108)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.GenomeAnalysisEngine.execute(GenomeAnalysisEngine.java:313)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineExecutable.execute(CommandLineExecutable.java:113)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.start(CommandLineProgram.java:245)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.start(CommandLineProgram.java:152)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineGATK.main(CommandLineGATK.java:91)

As a note, I validated the BAM with picard/validateSamFile, with no errors found

Do you have some ideas?
Thanks!!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JorgeJorge Posts: 2Member

You are totally right. I modified the ref file to suit my reads and something went horribly wrong :). Now it is running. Thanks!