The current GATK version is 3.7-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get notifications!


You can opt in to receive email notifications, for example when your questions get answered or when there are new announcements, by following the instructions given here.

Did you remember to?


1. Search using the upper-right search box, e.g. using the error message.
2. Try the latest version of tools.
3. Include tool and Java versions.
4. Tell us whether you are following GATK Best Practices.
5. Include relevant details, e.g. platform, DNA- or RNA-Seq, WES (+capture kit) or WGS (PCR-free or PCR+), paired- or single-end, read length, expected average coverage, somatic data, etc.
6. For tool errors, include the error stacktrace as well as the exact command.
7. For format issues, include the result of running ValidateSamFile for BAMs or ValidateVariants for VCFs.
8. For weird results, include an illustrative example, e.g. attach IGV screenshots according to Article#5484.
9. For a seeming variant that is uncalled, include results of following Article#1235.

Did we ask for a bug report?


Then follow instructions in Article#1894.

Formatting tip!


Wrap blocks of code, error messages and BAM/VCF snippets--especially content with hashes (#)--with lines with three backticks ( ``` ) each to make a code block as demonstrated here.

Jump to another community
Picard 2.9.0 is now available. Download and read release notes here.
GATK 3.7 is here! Be sure to read the Version Highlights and optionally the full Release Notes.

type not found: type ExternalCommonArgs

green4swgreen4sw BostonMember Posts: 7

Hi,

I am trying to understand how GATK Queue works, and wrote a mini script to do alignment using bwa mem. The test code failed when running.

The error messages:
not found: type not found: type ExternalCommonArgs
ERROR 21:25:34,464 QScriptManager - case class bwa_mem (inFastQ: File, outBam: File) extends CommandLineFunction with ExternalCommonArgs
ERROR 21:25:34,464 QScriptManager - case class bwa_mem (inFastQ: File, outBam: File) extends CommandLineFunction with ExternalCommonArgs

Then I removed ExternalCommonArgs and ran again. The error is:
ERROR MESSAGE: Non-file found. Try removing the annotation, change the annotation to @Argument, or extend File with FileExtension: private int temp.bwaThreads: 1

Any suggestions for debugging? My code is attached below.

Thanks


import org.broadinstitute.sting.queue.QScript

class temp extends QScript {

qscript =>

@Input(doc="input fastq file - or list of fastq files", shortName="I", required=true)
var input: File = _

@Input(doc="Reference fasta file", shortName="R", required=true)
var reference: File = _

@Input(doc="Number of threads BWA should use", fullName="bwa_threads", shortName="bt", required=false)
var bwaThreads: Int = 1

val queueLogDir: String = ".qlog/" // Gracefully hide Queue's output

def performAlignment(fq: File): File = {
var alignedBam: File = swapExt(fq, ".fq", ".sam")
add(bwa_mem(fq, alignedBam))
alignedBam

}

def script() {
var outBam: File = performAlignment(input)
}

case class bwa_mem (inFastQ: File, outBam: File) extends CommandLineFunction with ExternalCommonArgs{
@Input(doc="fastq file to be aligned") var fq = inFastQ
@Output(doc="output bam file") var bam = outBam
def commandLine = "bwa mem -t " + bwaThreads + " " + reference + " " + fq + " > " + bam
this.analysisName = queueLogDir + outBam + ".bwamem"
this.jobName = queueLogDir + outBam + ".bwamem"
}
}

Tagged:

Answers

Sign In or Register to comment.