The current GATK version is 3.6-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Register now for the upcoming GATK Best Practices workshop, Nov 7-8 at the Broad in Cambridge, MA. Open to all comers! More info and signup at

ReduceReads is blocked

Muriel_GBMuriel_GB Univ. Fribourg, SwitzerlandPosts: 7Member

Hello !
I am using ReduceReads but it gets blocked always at the same amount of reads reduced !
For instance, I tried several times on one individual and it is blocked after 19.8 %, another one after 72%. I tried on the cluster and also locally on my computer, I have the same result.
However, there is no error and it seems that it is still running, but not advancing anymore...
I validated my Bam file with ValidateSamFile before performing this step and there is no error.
Any idea on what's going on ?
I am using the version 2.3.6 because I read that the last version that is installed on the cluster I use (2.6.5) has a bug. I can't install new software and in particular the new version, however, all the old versions are still available and I read that the 2.3 didn't have the bug.
Thanks for our help.

Best Answer

• Muriel_GBMuriel_GB Univ. Fribourg, SwitzerlandPosts: 7Member

I asked the administrator to install the last version and will try running ReduceReads with this version and let you know if it works !

• Muriel_GBMuriel_GB Univ. Fribourg, SwitzerlandPosts: 7Member

Hello !
    I tried ReduceReads using the version 2.7.4 and it's working well, so no problem, thanks a lot for your answer !