The current GATK version is 3.6-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Register now for the upcoming GATK Best Practices workshop, Nov 7-8 at the Broad in Cambridge, MA. Open to all comers! More info and signup at

Where to find the source for an old release?

mbockolmbockol Rochester mnPosts: 2Member

Hi Folks,

I'd like to perform a git checkout of the source used to build the following release:

At one point in time we made patches to that release and I need to re-apply them with some modifications. I have a checkout of the 1.6 tag from github, but I'd like to be sure I'm patching the exact same code used to build the 1.6-9-g47df7bb version above.

But why, you ask ...

Understanding that this release is ancient and yes we should really be using more up to date code, unfortunately a few hundred terabytes of data has already been analyzed with this version and the statisticians will require that analysis be repeated if we make the switch mid-project. I need to patch this version because we're running into an NFS file locking bug that's causing jobs to hang for which I think I've got a solution so long as I can get the source.

Best Answer

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 10,557Administrator, Dev admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Matt,

I think you should be able to do git checkout 1.6-9-g47df7bb from the github source and get that exact version.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD