The current GATK version is 3.6-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Register now for the upcoming GATK Best Practices workshop, Nov 7-8 at the Broad in Cambridge, MA. Open to all comers! More info and signup at

setting value for parameter ploidy

anand_mtanand_mt Posts: 7Member

Just wanted to confirm.. I have a data from 4 spores of a yeast (haploid) tetrad.. If I want to call out variants using all 4 spores (4 bam files), do I need to set -ploidy as 1 or as 4 (Number of samples in each pool * Sample Ploidy) ??

This is the code I am using:

java -d64 -Xms1g -Xmx4g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -glm SNP -nt 52 -R genome.fasta -T UnifiedGenotyper -I $basename"_A.realigned.bam" -I $basename"_B.realigned.bam" -I $basename"_C.realigned.bam" -I $basename"_D.realigned.bam" -ploidy 4 -o $basename.snps.vcf -stand_call_conf 25.0 -stand_emit_conf 10.0

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 10,568Administrator, Dev admin

If each spore is identified as a separate haploid sample, then ploidy should be 1. The pooled ploidy formulat is only for a specific type of sample pooling.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

• anand_mtanand_mt Posts: 7Member

Thank you for the answer. Each spore is considered haploid .. and do I need to set -pnrm EXACT_INDEPENDENT ?? Sorry this is my first time using GATK.. I am bit confused with the parameters..