The current GATK version is 3.6-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Last chance to register for the GATK workshop next week in Basel, Switzerland! http://www.sib.swiss/training/upcoming-training-events/training/gatk-workshop-lecture

Combine 2 VCF with different references

d_nid_ni Posts: 17Member

Hello!

So today I have to compare two different vcf (from different pipelines, only one of them is from GATK) and when I tried to combine it with combineVariants, I had an error because the references doesn't match:

The provided variant file(s) have inconsistent references for the same position(s) at chr1:1724719, A* vs. G*

I know why it's happening, but I don't know if there is an option/tools to "fix" the vcf from the other pipeline.

That I want to do is take the VCF created with a "bad" reference and use a command or GATK option to "fix" it according with the correct reference fasta file.

Thanks for your help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• d_nid_ni Posts: 17Member

It doesn't solve my problem, because I don't know which is the original reference... but maybe useful for other.

Thanks!

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 10,469Administrator, Dev admin

Have you checked the VCF header? Depending on the tool that created it it might contain reference information.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

• d_nid_ni Posts: 17Member

Hi Geraldine,

I created this vcf by myself with custom scripts from microarray data, so finally, I changed my code to check the reference (the same as I use for GATK) and now it's working fine.

Thanks!

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 10,469Administrator, Dev admin

Great, always glad to hear when a problem goes away :)

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD