The current GATK version is 3.6-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Register now for the upcoming GATK Best Practices workshop, Nov 7-8 at the Broad in Cambridge, MA. Open to all comers! More info and signup at

Haplotype Caller -dcov flag

Is there any way to override/re-implement the -dcov flag (which has been removed from the haplotype caller). I have a region that is almost 700 base pairs deep and continually causes a memory overload error. How can I restrict the coverage depth effectively?

Best Answer

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 10,557Administrator, Dev admin

Hi Paul,

What version are you using? The -dcov option is available in the current version, which is 2.6-4.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

• pauljpembertonpauljpemberton Posts: 6Member

I am using GATK v2.5-2, maybe it is just the online documentation that is missing the -dcov discription, but I was unable to discern whether or not -dcov refers to the number of reads starting at a single location (i.e. -dcov = 2 would only allow 2 reads to begin at the same place), or if it refers to the number of reads at any location (i.e. -dcov =2 would only allow 2 reads to appear at a specific location in the genome).

• pauljpembertonpauljpemberton Posts: 6Member

Perfect, thanks for the quick responses!