You can opt in to receive email notifications, for example when your questions get answered or when there are new announcements, by following the instructions given here.
☞ Did you remember to?
1. Search using the upper-right search box, e.g. using the error message.
2. Try the latest version of tools.
3. Include tool and Java versions.
4. Tell us whether you are following GATK Best Practices.
5. Include relevant details, e.g. platform, DNA- or RNA-Seq, WES (+capture kit) or WGS (PCR-free or PCR+), paired- or single-end, read length, expected average coverage, somatic data, etc.
6. For tool errors, include the error stacktrace as well as the exact command.
7. For format issues, include the result of running ValidateSamFile for BAMs or ValidateVariants for VCFs.
8. For weird results, include an illustrative example, e.g. attach IGV screenshots according to Article#5484.
9. For a seeming variant that is uncalled, include results of following Article#1235.
This is the place to post any questions, problems or bug reports for the GATK development team to look at.
We try to respond within a reasonably short amount of time, but keep in mind that we are not support agents -- we are programmers and scientists, with code to write and data to analyze. In the same spirit, because our resources are limited and our time precious, we ask that you please consult all available sources of information in the GATK Guide and previous posts in this forum before posting your question here, and above all, refrain from posting problems that are clearly identified as USER ERRORS in the GATK's output. Thank you!
We also welcome discussions and responses from everyone in the user community. If you know something, say something!