The current GATK version is 3.6-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Last chance to register for the GATK workshop next week in Basel, Switzerland! http://www.sib.swiss/training/upcoming-training-events/training/gatk-workshop-lecture

Non-deterministic UnifiedGenotyper and VariantRecalibrator

priesgopriesgo PanamáPosts: 22Member

Hi,

I did some tests with a "best practices"-like pipeline to check if results were deterministic and found that they are not.
Some posts already mention that UnifiedGenotyper is non-deterministic when using multi-threading as different seeds are used for downsampling. But I think I'm missing something if single-thread UnifiedGenotyper is deterministic, why would it chose exactly the same reads for downsampling? Wouldn't it always be non-deterministic when downsampling reads?
Anyway, the difference was only of 31 variants for an exome sample.

About the VariantRecalibrator I guess the filtering is non-deterministic, but I did not found any reference to this in the forum. The difference between runs is greater in this case. After filtering I had 301 variants only non-filtered in the first run; and 1684 variants only non-filtered in the second run; the non-filtered variants in both runs were 11328.

Thanks in advance!
Pablo.

Best Answer

Answers