The current GATK version is 3.6-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Last chance to register for the GATK workshop next week in Basel, Switzerland! http://www.sib.swiss/training/upcoming-training-events/training/gatk-workshop-lecture

Queue with LSF v8.3?

wxingwxing Posts: 6Member

Hi,

I am testing queue scripts with new installed LSF v8.3. The test script is:

java -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp -jar jar2216/Queue.jar -S Queue-2.2-16-g9f648cb/resources/ExampleCountReads.scala -R Queue-2.2-16-g9f648cb/resources/exampleFASTA.fasta -I Queue-2.2-16-g9f648cb/resources/exampleBAM.bam --bsub -run

where I get error message as follows:

'java' '-Xmx1024m' '-XX:+UseParallelOldGC' '-XX:ParallelGCThreads=4' '-XX:GCTimeLimit=50' '-XX:GCHeapFreeLimit=10' '-Djava.io.tmpdir=/data/cmb/wxing/gatk/.queue/tmp' '-cp' '/data/cmb/wxing/gatk/jar2216/Queue.jar' 'org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.
CommandLineGATK' '-T' 'CountReads' '-I' '/data/cmb/wxing/gatk/Queue-2.2-16-g9f648cb/resources/exampleBAM.bam' '-R' '/data/cmb/wxing/gatk/Queue-2.2-16-g9f648cb/resources/exampleFASTA.fasta'
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Error looking up function 'ls_getLicenseUsage': /usr/local/lsf/8.3/linux2.6-glibc2.3-x86_64/lib/liblsf.so: undefined symbol: ls_getLicenseUsage
at com.sun.jna.Function.(Function.java:179)
at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getFunction(NativeLibrary.java:344)
at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getFunction(NativeLibrary.java:324)
at com.sun.jna.Native.register(Native.java:1341)
at com.sun.jna.Native.register(Native.java:1018)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.jna.lsf.v7_0_6.LibLsf.(LibLsf.java:86)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:200)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.queue.engine.lsf.Lsf706JobRunner$.unitDivisor(Lsf706JobRunner.scala:401)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.queue.engine.lsf.Lsf706JobRunner$.org$broadinstitute$sting$queue$engine$lsf$Lsf706JobRunner$$convertUnits(Lsf706JobRunner.scala:416)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.queue.engine.lsf.Lsf706JobRunner.start(Lsf706JobRunner.scala:98)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.queue.engine.FunctionEdge.start(FunctionEdge.scala:83)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.queue.engine.QGraph.runJobs(QGraph.scala:432)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.queue.engine.QGraph.run(QGraph.scala:154)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.queue.QCommandLine.execute(QCommandLine.scala:145)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.start(CommandLineProgram.java:237)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.start(CommandLineProgram.java:147)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.queue.QCommandLine$.main(QCommandLine.scala:62)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.queue.QCommandLine.main(QCommandLine.scala)

Any clues on the issue "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Error looking up function 'ls_getLicenseUsage': /usr/local/lsf/8.3/linux2.6-glibc2.3-x86_64/lib/liblsf.so: ". Or anyone had similar problems?

Anyone think it could be the version of our LSF (v8.3) as the code seem based on version 706?

Many thanks, Wei

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• wxingwxing Posts: 6Member

many many thanks! So I will comment the line in LibLSF.java and ant the new jar file. Thanks again, Wei

• Mark_DePristoMark_DePristo Posts: 153Administrator, Dev admin

It would be very useful if you could do this against our git repository, and issue a patch to us, so we can easily incorporate the functionality in future GATK releases.

--
    Mark A. DePristo, Ph.D.
    Co-Director, Medical and Population Genetics
    Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard

No problem. I will issue a patch to GATK git repo after I do QA tests (user cases) internally at ICR. Regards, Wei

hi, is that possible that I can have the GATK 2.0 source code or I can have a bugfix version of GATK Queue.jar?

I have the source from github of GATK Lite, bug-fix to enable the LSF v8.x, re-compile to have a bugfix new Queue.jar. However, just realized that it does not include the RedeuceReader.class...

Thanks, Wei

Many thanks! Wei