The current GATK version is 3.6-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Last chance to register for the GATK workshop next week in Basel, Switzerland! http://www.sib.swiss/training/upcoming-training-events/training/gatk-workshop-lecture

UnifiedGenotyper --genotype_likelihoods_model INDEL --output_mode EMIT_ALL_CONFIDENT_SITES

vanheel123vanheel123 Posts: 5Member
edited January 2013 in Ask the GATK team

Hi,

When I use UnifiedGenotyper with --genotype_likelihoods_model SNP --output_mode EMIT_ALL_CONFIDENT_SITES I get the reference SNP homozygote calls (or ./. if insufficient depth/quality etc). Great!

But when I use UnifiedGenotyper with --genotype_likelihoods_model INDEL --output_mode EMIT_ALL_CONFIDENT_SITES I only get non-reference calls, everything else (i.e. reference homozygotes, and anything uncallable) is ./.

I want to be able to select variants (SNPs and INDELs) on call rate across samples - as one would do for array genotype data. And avoid case-control bias due to differential missingness.

thanks,

david van heel

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on

Comments

• ebanksebanks Broad InstitutePosts: 698Member, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator, Dev admin

Hi David,

Yes, EMIT_ALL_SITES and EMIT_ALL_CONFIDENT_SITES are not intended to be used with the INDEL model.

Eric Banks, PhD -- Director, Data Sciences and Data Engineering, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT